Thursday, December 23, 2010

T-Minus 5 months.

Preparing for a journey of this magnitude is hard for a number of reasons. First of all, everyday we prepare for certain things only adds to our anxiety. Just Yesterday Pete and I were talking on the phone, while trying to figure out the most adventurous, and safe (odd combination) route to take on MapQuest, and within minutes of ending our conversation I got a text from Pete asking if we could bump the trip up to March. This sadly would not work for me due to school, but I wish I wasn't posting our first "blog comment" 5 months in advanced, it's torture sometimes. In a nut-shell out Itinerary starts in the South of Brazil, the southern most state in Brazil to be exact; Rio Grande Do Sul (The Big Southern River), I just though I'd let the world know how goofy some of these translations are. Our Journey will start from the Southern border near Argentina. Pete has been doing our Trajectory and even as I am writing this he is somewhere in Columbia on MapQuest. Honestly I thought it would be pretty easy to plot a course but I forget how ridiculous the road systems are in South America. Pete e-mailed me our rough draft course through Brazil only, and it included 314, different instructions. with the first move being:
1.Head southwest on Av. Ns. Medianeira toward R. João Manoel95 ft
There were at least 50 or more directions with "feet" as a measurement, Hello South America.


No comments:

Post a Comment